Sunday, March 06, 2005

Life Reformat 101

i got up early today to go to Pau's house to get OS installers and patches for my Ex's pc. I, again have entasked myself, or a better word for it was volunteered myself to fix their pc for them. some patches for winxp were added by her cousin and ended up with a messed up registry... a reformat was needed.

i bought her some flowers first before going to Pau's house. i was really not myself this morning. i almost paid double for the mums i bought my girl, because i forgot i already handed the man what's due. it's a good thing i bought the flowers from my old school's flowershop. the salesperson was kind enough to return my dough... i was nervous.

i just spent an hour at my friend's house to get the stuff i needed for her pc's operation. then i went straight to C's house to try to fix it as soon as possible so i can buy myself time to get some more sleep for my shift tonight.

when i got there, she was busy cleaning the house in her nice but sweaty gray razor top, and her black cycling shorts. they were preparing for a mini feast. it was her cousin's birthday. I sat myself down in their couch, and just watched her. She was also making something out of the flowers i bought her last week. they're still fresh and still pretty. though not as pretty as my girl... ex-girlfriend that is... (for now, i wishfully-thinking said to myself, for now...just for now)

then she was to take a bath, when i pointed to the pc, gesturing if i can already work on it. then she smiled. it was the most beautiful smile.

i whipped out the surgeon's tools: 2 winxp installers; 1 main and 1 back up, ms office xp cd, 256MB sd card, card readers and loads of driver packs...

after saving back up on the slave, i quickly ran the winxp in the BIOS screen... i unpartitioned the primary drive, then tried to do 2 partitions... everything was going smoothly then light flickered... power surge! then the dreadful blue screen of death!

of course i didn't let them notice that i'm as cold as ice already! if it were my pc, i'd be calm. i know how to work out these things... but this my girl's pc! i was coldbooting and clickin and clickin when C playfully hit me in the head, snarling, "Baket ka na naman bumili nito!", hitting me with flowers i had bought her. then i turned around and once again i saw her with her bossy stance, hands on her waist and a playful smirk on her face... i smiled back at her...

when i turned around, her pc somewhat afraid of it's boss got itself out of it's coma, started working again... C went about her business and i had gone about mine...

i would say that computers are also like women... they can be so stubborn... i had to do 5, yep, 5 reformats just to get that darn thing up running... after finally making her internet connection work on her pc... i turned around to my girl and said done... im done... im beat... it's 4pm... i have shift later at 8. sh*t! good luck to my calls later; then she sat by me, and smilingly went about her newly cleaned not to mention souped up pc... she was happy. i was happy...



we handed over the pc to her older brother and her cousin... she popped in Shrek2 cd and sat down on our fave couch... then everythign came back to me. i was home... i have my girl by my side, we are in our fave couch, we have her cats circling the room, watching a movie... all the miseries are worth it.

i know we can't hurry love... specially in our case right now. but somehow me rubbing shoulders with love again, with her by my side, with the smell of her hair... something's can never be wrong... i won't rush her... it's all a matter of time...

love is like pc's; multiple reformats are frustrating, but when you get it right... it's bliss.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Online dictionary, thesaurus, encyclopedia and much more...