Sunday, May 22, 2005

abay rep = technician with 0 sales conversion

this week has been a very good learning, at the same time humbling experience for me. I have been in detention for not upselling in my calls for our routers. Honestly, i have been upselling them but their stupid loggers didn't see my logs. I even sold two of those friggin routers, but they didn't take that into consideration. story cut short, i'm in Abay for two weeks.

i told my sold myself, they can go to hell for all i care. i'm gonna sell 'em stupid routers, graduate myself in two weeks and i would tender my resignation and walkout with my head held up high! I pride myself with the thought that i can do anything i put my mind into. i have been through a lot in my life. i know i can dodge any bad thing thrown my way and come out as a victor. that's me, i'm carlo and i can conquer.

that wasn't the case this week. i thought i can do good with my calls and hopefully bag three or four sales a day since that is our priority that's what i will concentrate on. they require one sale per week, so i said, "HA! screw 'em! i can do this!"

it was harder than i thought. i do upsells on my calls. no problem. but making a sale, or forcing one was a different ballgame.

i have always been a straight in my dealings. that was the way i have been brought up and that's the path i shall tread. i never screw people, cause i know how bad it feels be ripped off. same with my work, i have never bullcrapped my customers. i give them black if it's black, white if it's white. our supe for abay has been a very good tech when he was still on the floor. he was a mentor during my first months in Elnk, and i owe a lot of my tech skills from him. but right now he is my supe; supe in sales. one of his most famous motivational advises is "Sales is about B.S. B.S. your way to make it in sales..."

maybe that's why i'm not good in sales. i never offer people b.s.

supe says "If one can sell cigarettes, which are really bad for your health and can kill you, think of the possibilities in sales..."

i thought to myself, "wow, very good point!", and i admire those people's skills in convincing others to patronize things which can kill them...

but then again, i still prefer sound sleep at night and a clear conscience.

i'll wait and see. i have one week extension in abay, since i have made no sale on the last one. i think i'll stay a little while longer in PS, til i graduate from abay; after that, the hunt for greener and "cleaner" pasture.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Online dictionary, thesaurus, encyclopedia and much more...