Sunday, May 15, 2005

Cleaning out the Closet

I was never one to patiently pick up broken fragments and glue them together again and tell myself that the mended whole was as good as new. What is broken is broken - and I'd rather remember it as it was at its best than mend it and see the broken places as long as I lived. -- Margaret Mitchell

i was running through my stuff in my closet just to free up space and give it a breather from all of the junk i forcefully tried to hide in there, same with useles personal stuff which i never use but i can't find the heart to throw or give away. from he-man and skeletor action figures to headles egon spengler and limbless peter parker to old T-squares and engineering compasses that i so dearly "took" care of back in college years. as i was going through the big pile of mess i have, i came across my ex and i's stuff in college.

i saw there all of the stationeries and love letters she sent me, all the hallmark cards and snail mails we exchanged; all the cute little angels and small tokens she had given me, same with the movie ticket stubs that i never gave out to the cinema ushers just to keep a souvenir of every movie date we had, and the hundreds of bus tickets we accumulated during bus rides to and from school. Thousands worth of Globe and Smart cards that i have spent our celphones and also shell and petron receipts i collected for gas.

i gave ore attention to the letters i got, and after reading through them for sometime, i thought to myself, i wasn't that bad.

i just realized we had so much good times together. so much in 7 years, we had been in love for so long. it's really sad it ended, but it's better this way. she may not realize it, but the day i gave up is also the day i personally think is the day i showed my ultimate love for her.

it has always been said, if you really love a person, set her free. if she comes back in kind, she's yours forever. if she doesn't then it really wasn't meant to be...

it's better this way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Online dictionary, thesaurus, encyclopedia and much more...