Wednesday, March 16, 2005

give me liberty, or give me toothache


tor·ture (tôr'chər)
n.

1. infliction of severe physical pain as a means of punishment or coercion.
2. An instrument or a method for inflicting such pain.
3. Excruciating physical or mental pain; agony: the torture of waiting in suspense.
4. Something causing severe pain or anguish.


i've been very pre-occupied during the past few days... not with work, not with women, not even with sleep.

i've been persistently tortured, tormented by a possibly impacted wisdom tooth! the first time it bothered me was about 3-4 years ago when the bastard started emerging it's ugly face from my ripped gum. i was 3rd year college and it costed me 5 schooldays, 12 sleepless nights and around P 500 - P 700 worth of painkillers!

got it checked up, and light cured -filled then my misery was over... so i thought...

4 days ago, the demon was for some reason disturbed from his long dormancy... first i thought, nah... i should go away in a day... drank 1 ponstan 500, 1 amoxicillin 500, 1 biogesic 500, and then gargled betadine oral antispetic myself to sleep... yep, i groggy, borderline overdosed... and heart was throbbing at 90mph... but i told myself, i'll be fine by the afternoon...

Man, was i wrong!!!

I need to go to work that afternoon. the moment my trusty old toothbrush entered my mouth, "ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

i hit the darn thing dead center, and i just died!
i felt every nerve ending in my body rip , and my whole jaw was throbbing, and ARGH!!!
that's the most excrutiating pain i have ever experienced!

that was 4 days ago, here i am now, still in pain, getting through the day with the aid of paracetamols, mefenamics, and amoxicillins... duwanna absent my self from work, so i decided to wait it out till my rest day... one more day... 24 more hours... and i can already have that freaking imp out of my mouth for good! i don't care if it's still a good tooth; i want it out, my dentist advised me root canal, but friends who had undergone same operation described pain as thrice the original problem. give me all kinds of other operations, and i will watch it done on me. my microdiscectomy (slipped spinal cord disc operation) was no challenge for me, just don't give me dental aches...

life sucks... :'(



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Online dictionary, thesaurus, encyclopedia and much more...