Friday, March 18, 2005

when One beomes Two...


last night before my shift started, my lunch buddie and seatmate in the office came in late, late at least based on her standards for she is one if those early birds coming into work... she was crying. i was on a call, then hitting the mute button i whispered to her, "you ok, gurl? " she looked at me and she shook her head, and she mumbled, "nde", in her saddest face i've ever seen. this is a girl who i have never seen unhappy (look at my testi for her).

i thought to myself, this is serious, something is wrong... then she reached for her headset and called her boo.

they were fighting. i thought to myself, for a girl who has always been happy and contented with life to be cryin and this upset, the guy must have had done her wrong that bad... i went on with my call and as soon as i finished, i turned to her and in a condoling tone, i asked her, "baket? (why?)". "ang tanga tanga kase! ang tanga tanga!" i continued lookin at her as if asking for more information. "biro mo, sasabisabihing tumawag ako , tapos wala naman pala sa kanya yung cellphone!", she added angrily. with my elbows resting on my knees, i almost dropped myself on the floor. "yun lang?" i dumbfoundedly remarked! "OO! ang tanga tanga kase, pudpud na daliri ko pagdial, walang sumasagot, yun pala wala sa kanya cellphone, nagpatawag pa!" still perplexed with the simplicity of the situation and how bugged she was, i turned my back, and went on with my business.

again, my mind began being filled with thoughts about love; how good it feels to have love spicing up one's life and how bitter it is to lose it.

my mind drifted again to neverneverland and i remembered the times i have spent with my ex. i know it feels really pathetic inside out; many criticize me because it has been two months already and i have yet to recover fully from my last heartache. many do not know our love story, that's why they can never understand what that girl meant to me. then again, i am one of those people blessed with the characteristic of being unaffected by other people's opinions.
i still miss her. even if we still go out, it's not the same as it was before. i've been with her for seven years, and it seems only like yesterday when i called her baby, and now it seems i hardly know her... it hurts still...

but life has to go on. in fact i'm moving on... hurting still... but moving on.
considering what my ex and i has gone through the years, my officemate's problem seems very petty. of course, i don't know them long enough to judge them; im sure they have had their own share, but one thing is for sure, ours were ten folds worse, andwe got through it all before... why one may ask? we faced them both hands clasped with one other... it was always us two against the world... we conquered each and every trial that life threw at our direction. we dodged most of them, and conquered the rest. but what broke us apart was the fact that it was not the world against us. it was the two of us...

(Damn! as i write this letter, stephen bishop cried "Separate Lives" again! i should really consider deleting this from my playlist... chaka na lang...)
i just thought and realized that from all of the break-ups that i have heard of, the common denominator is if one of the couple should give up on the relationship, or one would let go of the partner... they have all been torn apart by each other and not by others, and situations, but by themselves alone... they were never external...

i thought to myself, if that were the case, people who have found true love are indeed very lucky; very blessed people indeed! people who have loved their partners and have grown old with them till their gray. i envy those people.
and they say life is fair... tsk... tsk... tsk...
i have one word for these people


N-A-I-V-E.

my tooth still hurts... :'(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Online dictionary, thesaurus, encyclopedia and much more...